Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Could Have Listened All Afternoon


On Sunday before we had our Thanksgiving dinner in Halifax,


Ron wanted to take his brother, Michael and sister-in-law, Susan,
for a walk through the Halifax Public Gardens.


And since dogs are not permitted inside the gardens, I was the
designated 'dog-walker'. So off Sophie and I went around the 
perimetre of these Victorian Gardens in the heart of Halifax.


When we got back to our starting point we found these two musicians.


So we both sat down (I on a rock wall and Sophie next to me
on the ground) and watched these two play and sing.


I was immediately impressed with their skills on the clarinet
and the accordion......not to mention their voices.


They played what sounded to me to be 'Yiddish folk' music.
I spoke briefly to them during a short break and asked them
what they were playing.


They said it was a mixture of a number of things put together
into something they created. It was lovely.


Sophie and I sat there for about 45 minutes just letting their music take us away.......
on a beautiful sunny early evening in the city.





23 comments:

  1. it looks like you are having beautiful mild weather? fall weather is about to come my way...finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been very nice here for the past 2 weeks....a great time of year here in Nova Scotia.

      Delete
  2. That would have indeed been an enjoyable time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Debra. These two were very good at both the vocals and the instruments.

      Delete
  3. What an interesting way to bide your time! Wish you had a video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that Sharon....maybe they'll be there next weekend......

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, Pat. I don't often take the time to listen but was happy I did this time.

      Delete
  5. A really fun way to spend some time with the best 'doodle' in the world while you waited for the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie says THANKS/LICK for that great compliment, Martha! She was so good sitting there listening and watching the people go by....as long as one of us is around, she feels very safe.

      Delete
  6. Everything is so green and beautiful.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is right in the centre of the city where there are lots of trees and greenery, Janie.

      Delete
  7. Mad people by the side of the road.......
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Free spirits' for sure John! Reminded me of my days back in the 60's.

      Delete
  8. You just don't see that out in the country.
    And that's what I love about a city.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a great time listening to these 2 ~~~ too bad Ron, Mike and Susan spent so much time in the Park ~~~ I hear they saw 2 gooses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soph, I am happy you were with me and not them!

      Delete
  10. Oh Soph, they had fun doing what they did and so did we.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun and interesting way to spend the afternoon. I love just 'happening' on to things like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Joanne. While we were waiting for Ron and family it was a wonderful way to spend that time.

      Delete
  12. What a fun walk. I thought of you guys on your Thanksgiving. I am glad you could be with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Becky. We were glad too to be with family. It made all the difference in the world to us.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails