Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eclectic Tastes


I was looking for something this week that was contemplative
in nature and yet not depressing but celebratory.

 This piece allowed me to reflect on my aunt Annabel's life
(who passed away this past Thursday)
and how she so loved living every day.

I also just got word that my uncle Gerald passed away
 last evening (Saturday). He was married to my father's sister.
'Gerry' had a zest for life that was inspirational to me.
He always found the positive in life.
I will forever be grateful to him for accepting
Ron and I from the start many years ago.
I will never forget the day Gerry took Ron and I to
his 'special' wild berry locations. We not only got
lots of berries (blueberries and raspberries)
but we got to know each other on a different level.
He will be missed.

13 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your losses. It is nice that you have wonderful memories to keep them in your heart. I'm sending warm hugs and tender thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your losses. It's been a tough time on your end, Jim. My condolences to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jim! How difficult for you to lose two special people in such a short time. This must be very hard on your dad and the rest of your family. Take care my friend. The Chinese flute music is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose the perfect music to honour two important people in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful music Jim-my sympathies go out to you and your family Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for the kind words. Both my aunt and my uncle had very full and rewarding lives and were loved so much by their respective families. Their influence on all our families will be missed but never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To remember fondly and in celebration is very wise Jim. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both would 'fit the bill' perfectly Nancy! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. My condolences, Jim, to you and your family. The beautiful Chinese flute music is a lovely tribute to those relatives who have so touched and influenced your life.
    In response to the question you asked on my blog, most of my photos are taken in our suburban backyard. Some are from on and around some woodsy property we have in a very rural area, in the midst of Amish farms, but we haven't spent much time there lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat.
      That would explain a lot of the wildlife. You have the best of both worlds!

      Delete
  9. beautiful music, I love the way you chose to honour your lost loved ones. They both sounded like very special people and you and Ron were much the better for having them in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were Joanne, and that makes it more of a loss I guess. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. So sorry to hear of your losses Jim. Beautiful piece of music
    Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails