Monday, September 2, 2013

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is from 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron'.

WISDOM IS INHERENT IN EMOTIONS


"One night years ago, I came across my boyfriend passionately embracing another woman.


We were in the house of a friend who had a priceless collection of pottery.


I was furious and looking for something to throw.


Everything I picked up I had to put back down 
because it was worth at least ten thousand dollars.


I was completely enraged and couldn't find an outlet!


There were no exits from experiencing my own energy.


The absurdity of the situation totally cut through my rage.


I went outside and looked at the sky and laughed until I cried.


In vajrayana Buddhism it is said that wisdom is inherent in emotions.


When we struggle against our energy we reject the source of our wisdom.


Anger without the fixation is none other than clear-seeing wisdom.


Pride without fixation is experienced as equanimity.


The energy of passion when it's free of grasping is wisdom that sees all the angles."





Related Posts with Thumbnails