Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Water Water Everywhere.....


On Sunday past we went to the Valley, as we are so accustomed to do 
after years of doing this visiting Ron's mother.


We didn't think much about the weather conditions. 
It was overcast when we left the Eastern Shore.


It is usually about an hours drive to get to Wolfville.


But as you can probably tell from these photos, it got nasty!


Ron had to pull over to the shoulder a couple of times because the rain was relentless.


Above is a short video clip I took while waiting for rain to let up a bit.


It eventually did so away we went.
Then as we were making the turn and heading down into Wolfville
the rain stopped and little patches of blue appeared in the sky.


Surprisingly there was more traffic on the highway than one would expect,
long weekends I guess gets everyone out.


As we reached exit 10 we were not surprised to see that everybody had to take this exit.


There was an accident somewhere between this exit and the next.


The rain abated for the next couple of hours.
We had a chance to take Sophie to the canal for a swim
and to have lunch at a great little cafe/diner in Grand Pre.


The trip home was foggy in places.
It has been overcast with rain ever since.
We needed this moisture to soak down the forests 
and besides, what's a little bit water anyway.




21 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a certain trip a few years back.
    My friends and I thought we'd never make it to destination. It was that bad.
    G;ad you had fun!!
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I got a few photos out of the deal!
      I figure if you drive slowly under conditions and pull over if you have to, then you can 'enjoy' the experience better.

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it there and back safely. I hate that kind of weather when I'm on the road; love it when I'm sitting at home. Would really enjoy a nice rain storm right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. I am sending one right over Mitch!
      I know what you mean...I'd rather be at home too!

      Delete
  3. The green cast to your photos says it was bad! Glad you all are okay. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And being set on 'raw' also brings it out I feel. It was pretty hairy for a bit and am glad Ron decided to 'wait it out', Nancy.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, you're not sugar, you won't melt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first few shots make it look like you were driving underwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, that is kind of how it felt for a while.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed the photos and video clip-almost like being there with you two-quite a few motorcycles on the road too-bet they got pretty wet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they did!! One of those things I guess....what can you do once you're on the road!!
      Have a great one Kathy!

      Delete
  7. Okay ~ I'm not going to whine about our heat and dry right now! Too much rain for me! Although I'd dearly love to be in Wolfville right now ~ two nieces and a nephew are starting their new university year. Don't you just love to learn!!!! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember this time of year in Wolfville, or for that matter any university town, when there are kids everywhere and the town's population doubles!! Exciting times for your nieces and nephew I am sure, Louise.

      Delete
  8. Is that a fish eye in the 1st picture?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of these images, Jim; such a perfect shade to reflect the overload of rain! You three amigos are always out and about having fun. Hubby and I are the same, minus a Sophie...LOL...

    Stay safe on those rainy, foggy days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Martha.
    We do try to change it up occasionally and we do play it pretty safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOHHHH, with you would send just a little bit of that rain to Texas. 99 degrees here yet and soooo dry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain-X
    I swear by it. The harder it rains, the better it works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rain-X
    I swear by it. The harder it rains, the better it works.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails