Friday, September 21, 2012

Fishing Shacks, Cottages and Beach Art



Now THIS would be a fishing shack on an entirely different type of trip!!


Ah there, this is more like it.


So, as we mosied on past the 'red puddles', we walked by these fishing shacks and a few cottages.


Lobster fishing is big here and most permanent residents are involved with the fishery in one way or another.


This little place looked abandoned but obviously someone 'loves' it and calls it home for part of the year.


I don't know about this trailer! It's had it's day but the markings/designs on the side caught my attention......camouflaged  or cowhide ?


Now to what I call 'beach art'. When the tide is going out is when the sea gulls have their smorgasborg......from lobsters to crabs that get caught up in the sea weed, they pick to their hearts/stomachs content!


Blending in quite well.....


This clump of sea grass was above the tide line and thriving in its arid surroundings.


I have this 'thing' for driftwood.....as you will see in future posts.


The colour on this stick really stood out on the red sand....probably a marker of some sort used by fishermen.

The next day we went to the capital city of PEI.....Charlottetown. Stay tuned!




25 comments:

  1. Great photos, Jim. That first one really pops! Fantastic colours. I bet you went a little camera crazy on this trip. I certainly would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MArtha! How could you tell I went a tad crazy!! Guilty!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, good to 'see' you! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting photos! Love your new header photo too. PEI Zen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was EVERYWHERE, Debra! I couldn't GET AWAY FROM IT!!!! Honestly......lol

      Delete
  4. Good Morning, Jim!
    That first picture... um... I would have to take your word for it. ;-)

    Love the little two story vacation get-away. Not sure about the camper, ick.

    Nice driftwood, you did take it with you, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have those psychedelic colours, doesn't it? I didn't even touch the driftwood this trip. Last year I took lots of it back to the cottage and made a bouquet of driftwood.....in a large vase.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too, Nancy! It makes most every thing look differently somehow.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love what you did with that first shot! Wow. It would make a great print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lori! Thanks! Using one of the many choices on Picasa will result in getting this. I agree, it would make a good print.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous shots - such vivid color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. There was colour every where!

      Delete
  8. So even the beach sand is red there. What a beautiful contrast it makes for everything one can find on a beach. I know you had a great time, and it's good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes most of the sand on the Island is red. I do know of one beach that is white and 'sings' as you walk barefoot along.......the friction of foot on sand makes a sound.
      Thanks for dropping by Inger.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful pictures! Really love the driftwood!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivan. Thanks. There so much driftwood of different sizes and condition. I have more photos of this coming on future posts.

      Delete
  10. Howdy!I love the pictures of the fisherman's cottages and the trailers. It's because I am nosey, and love seeing peoples houses. How did you do that special effect on the first picture? It was wicked ... photoshop?

    The picture that stood out the most for weirdness was the grass growing in the sand. I have never, ever seen that happen before. It's a first for me Jim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Picasa which is the FREE photo-editing program from Google.
      This particular clump of grass was down further towards the water than all the other grass in the dunes. I guess depending on the traffic on the beach (there isn't that much on this beach) grasses will survive if given a chance and of course if the salt water doesn't get to them.

      Delete
  11. What a trip that would be if everything looked like the first shot! ;-)

    The scenery and beach are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, Fiona, I think a good pair of sunglasses would be in order!!

    ReplyDelete

  13. I am so impressed,It's beautiful, and very beachy. Love those colors.

    beach art

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails