Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Frequent Fall Photos





It is definitely Fall here in Nova Scotia. There are signs everywhere.


The spiders are in a final flurry in one last effort to catch whatever they can for their brood of eggs.


Even a leaf.






The Burning Bush (Euonymous Alata Compactus or Spindle Tree), has started to turn it's brilliant red colour.






Even the annual Coleus wants to get in on the display of colour.






I don't think this fella will make it through another winter. He's already 'cracking up' at the thought.






The grapes are starting to turn. I hope we get a chance to eat a few before the birds do.






The Magnolia's seed pods are in on the action. They are a vibrant red and look like some exotic fruit.






There are a few Clematis blossoms here and there throughout the garden. Ron has an obsession for these climbers. A good one to have.






And this centre point in the back garden, Weeping Nootka Falsecypress (Chamaecyparis Nootkatensis Pendula) whew!, has 'seeded  out' with these sort of ashen blue berries.






I love this time of year. The garden is flushed with a final frenzy of colour before it is covered in a white blanket for a few months.


And this post has been brought to you by the letter 'F'.





15 comments:

  1. Great Fall photos! Love the falling leaf! Can you take the lion face down and maybe repair it? It's so neat looking, is a shame that it's cracking! I hope you get some of those grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Especially the spider web one -- I know how difficult it is to capture those delicate threads on film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "flushed with a final frenzy of color." Yup, that certainly is an advertisement for the letter "F." But, it's also a great way to describe what is happening around us now. I love Fall. I'm just not so fond of all the leaf raking that comes along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do have a way with words... and what beautiful photo's! You're teaching me a thing or two about the names of plants/flowers/trees/etc. I doubt that I remember though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours...your photographic skills are amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The letter "F"!!! lol Good one.
    Great pics. Giggled at the leaf caught in the web. :) Still in the 90's here! It's hot! Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE! (sorry for the 'generic adjective', but everybody else already took all of the good ones!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jabacue! I've missed your last few posts and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about labyrinths, your award, and seeing your beautiful fall photos! We've have rain most of the day in Northern Virginia and more expected for the next couple of days, the smell of Fall is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your fall photos! Tell Ron that I love clematis, also. But, you can keep your little eight legged creatures!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful what a joy. I hope the old lion does survive !

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...no Jim I don't go on the trampoline ...it makes me dizzy ( I'm a dizzy blonde ! )

    Your tinkling bell sound reminds me of the T'ai Chi retreat I went on - we were woken by a little tinkling bell at six am. The same bell jingled to mark the end of meditaion time too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the spider web photo!

    Our clematis are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. jim, i am so grateful that you found my blog so that i could find yours! i love your photos and your descriptions. makes me want to visit nova scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You have the best eye. These photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails