Saturday, August 21, 2010

Retro Saturday




Just wanted to share with you the few 'things' I picked up in PEI last week.






Got these at the Blue Moon antiques and collectibles shop. It was a church and now it is completely jammed with stuff!










I've found myself 'picking up' kitchen glasses lately and couldn't resist these.






Does any one know whether or not these (below) are 'Gay Fad' or not? I know the Gay Fad company purchased 'blanks' from glass companies and hand decorated them but don't know about these. One is Fenton, and the other is Anchor Hocking. Got them anyway.






This little dessert bowl is from California....I liked the colour.






This is a Fire King pie plate.






And a Pyrex pie plate........no excuse now to make a few.






Now, this pitcher I found is quite nice. It is made in Japan and is 'crazed' all over........those are not serious cracks on the bottom. It will still hold a liquid without leaking. I loved the colours.










These were all reasonably priced....the most expensive was the Fire King pie plate for $10. Not bad, I thought.


Now I'll have to find some room in the basement for this stuff..........I'm sure there is some available. I know what I need is a 'shop'.......to re-sell it all. Later, maybe.


Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

  1. The Fireking pie dish was produced by Anchor Hocking in the 1950's. This early type shown did not have the little handles on each side and was also not very good for pie making because of its shallow depth. They range in price on the net between $12US and $20US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure the glass is Fenton? The glasses look Gay Fad but hard to know without a little research but they sure are cute! Sometimes antique stores and malls are where you get some great deals because they're always having sales or they just need to move inventory in the slow economy. Lovely stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every week, I see something that reminds me that "I have something just like that." This week, it's the pie plate. We ate a lot of delicious pies that were baked in that pyrex plate. It's in the back of some cupboard, somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God you certainly have an eye! These are so cute. I especially love the kitchen glass. I never find these types of things. And also the dried flowers on the plate...nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure were shopping! Love those little glasses! I wouldn't actually "use" that pitcher for anything but a vase. Gee, I have 3 old glass pie plates (8", 10" & 12") all different mfg. I have only used them a couple times in the last 5 years.

    That was my last idea - have a little shop, by the house with all my vintage and antiques. So I would say it's a good idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I understand your comment on Sharon's blog. Sounds like a good idea. As I read this I wondered how big your cupboards are...then I got the answer: to the basement with this stuff. I recommend you read Teacher Man by Frank McCourt by the way and thanks for your comment on Henrietta. A must read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the desert bowl and the pie plate. I like the soft creamy green and the heft of the little bowl. And the Fire King pie plate - pretty, and a nice name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was out and about at the antique stores today and saw some things I have seen on your blog and thought of you! You do have some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new finds! I must go back to PEI one day...Last time I went was 20 years ago! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mr. J-- it's me back again. F in a shield is Federal Glass--Fenton is predominantly an art glass company. Many people think the Federal mark is FireKing, too and I've gotten some great deals on Fk that way! No matter the maker, if you love it that's what makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Christine......learn something new every day here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You love retro stuff, don't you? You have an eye for the good things, I can tell.

    I just figured out what PEI is. I thought it was a store called PEI. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pie dish and that cute green plate...I love unusual, not matching china...great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, love your treasures! And the place where you got them....I would love to spend a DAY in there! Good finds, Jim!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails