Friday, February 19, 2016

Trying Something New.....To Us



Oh, nothing earth-shattering mind you......

 Before......

A friend on FB put up this recipe for cabbage 'steaks',
and like my mother who always tried/experimented with different foods,
I jumped on board to give this a try.

After....

Easy to prepare: preheat oven to 400F.
Wash and trim cabbage.
Cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices.
Place on cooking sheet.
Brush with a good olive oil (I used a garlic one) both sides.
Salt and pepper.
Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Eat.
Enjoy.

We had it as a 'side dish' with beef stew.
It was very tasty.



10 comments:

  1. I did exactly that with a cauliflower last week……it was tasty! I also tried cauliflower rice a few weeks ago, and that too was a great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I will have to try this too, Frances!! Thanks. Sounds good.

      Delete
  2. Cabbage is always good for what ails ya. But was it windy at your place after dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it would 'look after things' like a tonic, Debra!! Yep!
      Windy? It's ALWAYS windy in these parts!!

      Delete
  3. Jerry would love that and even I could make it (I think)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being the 'country boy, that he is, I agree, Jerry would like this.
      Yes, I think even you could do this. Next time I will add cheese near the end of the baking.

      Delete
  4. I once had Romaine made this way (a whole bunch cut in half, brushed with caesar, and placed on a hot grill). It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that recipe and bought some cabbage today, gonna give it a try. I also saw a recipe for cabbage, sweet potatoes and bacon in the slow cooker that looked interesting...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is rare I ever have cabbage. Not sure why. But this recipe does look so delicious. Since I enjoy trying new things, I think I'm going to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails