Thursday, February 25, 2016

From My Perch



What a very slow 'last couple of months' at the shop.
The winter season sure brings things to an almost halt!

Luckily we have a view to die for and I have a case of books to read.
Presently just finishing up 'Cannery Row' by John Steinbeck.
A good read filled with characters only Steinbeck could imagine.

Also, I am very fortunate to not have to depend
 on the money made at the shop to get by.
I feel for the people who experience this seasonal downturn
and still have to make a living.

Waiting for spring to come and stay.......and all the interesting
tourists from all over the world.

Looking west towards the city (35 km away) from MacDonald House.



8 comments:

  1. You are certainly lucky with your views, and being so close to the sea. When I worked at various banks, we were lucky if we could even see the outside at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And most of my jobs/work placements were about the same as yours, Frances.
      MacDonald House is almost IN the sea but it does have a few more years until that is a reality!!
      We were fortunate to buy my parents house back in 1990 when they moved into city. It is about 5 minutes from the beach by car.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! But then I say that a lot about your photos and your views... and your composition and eye. "Cannery Row," I can't believe I've never read it. You have just inspired me to download it today -- although I've now got a bunch of books lined up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realized that I have 'gorgeous views'!! I think some times I am way too political for my own good! Hey, I try. lol
      How do you find reading on your Kindle/whatever you have? We were thinking about getting one but were unsure of the clarity.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. One could stay there all day, Martha, and just look out the windows in this house!!

      Delete
  4. Great view, Jim! Where exactly is your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terri, good to see you.
    My shop, Mid-Century Maniac, is mostly items of glassware/china/ceramic from the 40's. 50's, and 60's......with a few quilts and small furniture (chairs/tables) thrown in for good measure. A room in this big house near the beach became available about 2 years ago and I jumped on it. It is a coop of sorts so I only work 1 to 2 days a week looking after 3 shops. I LOVE it!
    I see you have been busy as well. Nice basket work.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails