Sunday, July 5, 2015

Eclectic Tastes


In my most humble opinion, I feel this piece of music by Wagner
is one of the most moving and passionate pieces of  music
I have ever heard....no matter how many times I have listened to it 
over the years.

I wonder if it could be related to the fact that my paternal grandmother was a 'Wagner'?

In any case, as I am sure a few of you are aware, Wagner the composer
has acquired a lot of 'baggage' over the years (he died in 1883)
for his personal beliefs on some matters.

If you can separate those from his music ability,
I think you will enjoy this very much.
If you can, wear headphones for this
and let it 'take you away' for 15 minutes.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.


10 comments:

  1. I'm a Wagner fan too, Jim! I'm nuts for the Ring cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that one 'a try', Debra.

      Delete
  2. As I write this I'm listening to the overture attached. I'm an opera lover, Wagner being very high on my list.
    Thanks for this little treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, Laura. Happy you like it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it, Pat.

      Delete
  4. I've always loved his FourSeasons unfortunately I can't listen to all of it my provider is costing an arm and a leg i gotta find cheaper so I can listen my favourite of all times is Sadie's No. 1 gymnopedie, but this is also truly magnificent gosh i got to find a better provider : in case I forgot to tell you i'm now on : http://photographl.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Satie as well, Lorraine! Must be the 'French' in us, eh?
      I tried to find your blog but could not....will try again.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't it a 'builder', Joyce!? First time I heard this, I was hyperventilating after it was over!! lol

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails