Friday, July 10, 2015

Artistry Comes In All Forms


Yesterday I was taking photos in the shop.
I came across these.....
they seemed to 'work' together' somehow.

One of course is the one and only 'Marilyn'.
The other is a painting I picked up because of the colours used.
It has no signature. A complete unknown.

A little story: my friend, John, and I when we were about 11 or 12 years old,
would sneak into (but paid) all the Marilyn Monroe movies we could!
I think I had a crush on her at the time.
Besides being beautiful to look at, she had this mysterious/vacant look.

Two artists....one known, one not.




4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by vacant look. I recently saw a candid of Marilyn looking down on NYC from a high rise balcony. She had such a sad vacant look on her face, it kinda broke my heart. We often forget she a person, trying to kind herself, perhaps thrown into a world she never belonged. I've always admired her, as well as hurt for her. Sorry, I'm babbling on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed the unknown painting and that of Marilyn go together in a unifying way, even though poles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Marilyn Monroe and thought she had such a sad life. These are great together .

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails