Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Morning Post



Here, there and everywhere kind of week......


Took this in Bedford last Saturday.
Looks very Arizona/New Mexico-ish to me.


Our 'Explorer' Climbing Roses are in full bloom....I think this is 'Henry Hudson'.


Peonies filling our house with their special scent.


Saw this 'Luna Moth' as we were entering a bakery on Thursday 
in Musquodoboit Harbour.


Red alarm on black brick.....


Remember these? The good ole 'push mower'.
When we had grass this is what we used.


Spanish dancers at the shop....


Summer in the city......


Looking around the shop....


I had a great walk at the river yesterday with my niece, Brynn and Ace, her dog.


This is Kim. She used to have a shop in my space at MacDonald House.
Now, she and her partner, Coco Joe, run this really fabulous food truck
called Foodstruck Cantina, in Seaforth, the next community down from ours.
We were there last evening for burgers.


And speaking of MacDonald House, this is it in the background
taken from a beautiful beach meadow below.




8 comments:

  1. NZ is in a big freeze, minus 9 Celsius down on the farm this morning, not quite so cool here, about -1.8, but another frost tomorrow. Weeds are dying, but so are some of the alstromerias, very wilted indeed. I am realising very fast I need to swap the gumboots and swandri ( heavy duty woollen checked coat) for smart clothes during our stay in Wellington. I have started with an " upmarket" haircut, very mod. My pick, "summer in the city", but the lawn mower, I used one almost the same for many years, in the 1950's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! i still use a push mower! i would take an order of poutine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your shot of McDonald house !Such great composition this is! Also love those peonies.... some of my favorite flowers but they just don't do well here in Texas... too hot! HOpe your summer is filled with charm and that your new business venture is going well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, Jim! That red alarm on black brick is fantastic. Amazing how something so simple can turn into such a good photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos-you have a great eye for color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shop must be so much fun! : ) I love that you went to visit your friend and ate at her food truck! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely eclectic collection! I always felt bad for poor old Henry Hudson, set adrift with his little son in that rowboat after his crew mutinied.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set! I love the last shot.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails