Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Morning Post


Water water everywhere.......Nova Scotia is almost an island.


The city in the far background as seen from beach in Eastern Passage.


Church as seen from the beach in Eastern Passage.


My sister, Paula, with Cameron, her granddaughter and Fenway the Terror.


Thursday morning as Sophie and I were walking the beach in Eastern Passage....
this fishing boat (a Cape Islander) was heading home.


True colours......beautiful evening last week.


In all the seasons we have this little perennial has got to be my favourite.
It is a Japanese Anemone in it's 'fall form'.


Japanese Maples (there are two here) in all their splendour
overflowing onto pebbles.


Holding on.....


Looking out into back garden......these trees/shrubs seem to be working together.


It was a wild day on land and sea last Sunday at the shop.
Didn't stop this fella.


Fall-coloured Hydrangea.


One last look out the shop window last Sunday as I head home.

A great weekend to you all!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, every one, and now I have 2 maples in pots, will have to post some photos, Your last photo, picture postcard for sure. wrap up well, keep that fire burning, just like we have ours, almost summer here, firewood is such a valuable commodity!!!( In warmth and cost, maybe in man-hours, not $), and gale winds, really cold outside now at 8.30 p.m. Cheers to all, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there's a feast for the eyes the ocean, the different plants that you have that I have never seen before all photos I love, of course but some of them just amaze me for the way you took them and some of the finish is pretty awesome, way to go Jim, we had sunny weather with ice pellets, it's a crazy world, have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an eclectic mixture ~~ just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful - it truly is drab around here. The sun IS shining, though not much color bounces off of browns or dead yellows or dirty, dead green..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some year I want to visit Nova Scotia in the fall. The colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous collection of photos! Eye candy for the soul. What an amazing country we live in, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Jim! I had Terry come enjoy them with me. Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jim, and I hope you have a great weekend too. Your photos make me want to go to the beach, which will involve a long drive, so may not happen any time soon. That guy out on the water is CRAZY, but I know he is having the time of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jim, and I hope you have a great weekend too. Your photos make me want to go to the beach, which will involve a long drive, so may not happen any time soon. That guy out on the water is CRAZY, but I know he is having the time of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots. The colors are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim, these are beautiful, every one. I love that moody first pic, and the colors of the photo of Ron and Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Feast for the eyes".. "picture postcard".. "eye candy for the soul".. well, let's just say I agreed with all the wonderful comments here. For some reason, your sister with with Cameron and Fenway was a special favourite. Something so "down home" feeling about that shot.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails