Monday, November 10, 2014

Contemplative Monday


 The following quote is taken from 'The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh' (click)
published by Shambhala Pocket Classics:

CONCENTRATION


"Joy and happiness are born of concentration.


When you are having a cup of tea, the value of that experience depends on your concentration.
You have to drink the tea with 100 percent of your being.


The true pleasure is experienced in the concentration.
When you walk and you are 100 percent concentrated, 
the joy you get from the steps you are taking is much greater than 
the joy you would get without concentration.


You have to invest 100 percent of your body and mind in the act of walking.


Then you will experience that being alive and taking steps on this planet are miraculous things."


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous reflections Jim and what amazing colors you have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful food for thought this morning, Jim, and beautiful images to accompany it. Hope your day is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, these reflections you offer to us like a necessary gift and put photos that I could so easily concentrate on beautiful, Jim I bought a book from him from Kindle ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Jim,
    When I walk, of course I use 100% of my concentration.
    Lest I fall down.
    Awesome shots there, love the reflections and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning image. The reflected colors are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You photos are like a fall time-lapse. I am sometimes totally aware - but, often my mind is on a myriad of other thoughts. I miss so much, I'm sure. It will take a lifetime of practice. Even then, I'll surely fall short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - those autumn reflections are miracles too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one: We should put our entire selves into an experience.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails