Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hot Heather



Don't know what you were expecting, but I have an idea!


If you are regular follower of Ron's/Sophie's and my blogs,


we have spoken about the 'field of Heather' in Halifax


at Point Pleasant Park. It is way over 200 years in the making


and is beginning to 'pop up' in other parts of the Park.


It is quite an unusual sight to be seen this side of Scotland.


So I thought I'd have some fun with editing these photos......to liven them up a little.


Not that a 'field of Heather' isn't beautiful in it's own right, it is!


Just playing around with the editing program on Picasa.












15 comments:

  1. You know that God spent a lot of time perfecting that plant and then you go and Picasa it all up! I'd like to say that these are beautiful but I don't want to piss Him off. You understand, right?
    m.
    p.s. I like orange and red together. Shhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think She'd understand, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The original was OK but you know...heather is heather. These I felt bring out a WHOLE other side of 'heather'.

      Delete
  4. You could start your own museum of modern art right there in Halifax.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew, thanks! But Picasa gets all the credit. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. You could also call this . . . . Heather in HELL! . . . . Too overdramatic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Debra! My initial intention for these photos was along those lines and religious-based. Love your title!!

      Delete
  6. Very nice images. They look like paintings. (I love Debra's remark ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra and I were thinking along the same lines here! They do look like the old classic version of 'hell'!

      Delete
  7. I think I like the last one best, I get the best impression in my mind but I also get those great colors! If I had a wall...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you Sharon, it's amazing what some of these 'editing' programs can do!

      Delete
  8. Debra's title for your heather art is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! ...I half expected to see a post of an entirely different kind. Wondered what it would be.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails