Monday, January 16, 2012

Contemplative Monday





I just realized something. I always feel so peaceful after I have read something by Pema Chodron.


I 'found' her about 10 years ago when 'things were falling apart' around me. And a book by the same title, When Things Fall Apart, was recommended by a woman who was member of Pema's community, Shambhala Buddhism, which just happens to be centered here in Halifax.


I thought the book was all about me! lol It really hit home and allowed me see that I was not alone and it was a very 'human' trait to feel the things I was feeling.


So, today's 'advice' comes from Pema Chodron's Heart Advice newsletter of last week.




What It Is To Be Human


                                        "Although it is embarrassing and painful, 




                                          "it is very healing to stop hiding from yourself.




                                 "It is healing to know all the ways that you shut down,




                            "deny, close off, criticize people, all your weird little ways.




                         "You can know all that with some sense of humour and kindness.




                     "By knowing yourself, you are coming to know humanness altogether."









16 comments:

  1. Beautiful, inspirational post. It's a wonderful thing to know yourself, to accept all that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristal drops so clear, brilliant on the green........SUBLIMESUBLIME, Jim.....!!!

    The imagines are very unique; splendid!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ....unique must we be,too...., openly showing it and living it...; that's what I belive in strongly!

    (excuse Jim, my english this morning has got some troubles...!)

    I don't know this Author; but seems very inspiring to me!!!!

    Have a wonderful sunny day!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting to know myself was the best thing I've ever done.
    I found out that I kind of like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macro lens is your best friend, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any of her work, although I see her audio books all the time in the Sounds True catalogue. I didn't know her community was centred in Halifax though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this morning inspiration. The droplets on the leaves are so pretty. Try as I might my pictures are not as unique and clear as yours.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra......actually Pema Chodron's monastery community is in Cape Breton but 'headquarters is in Halifax.

    Connie....keep snapping away and you will surprise yourself as I did myself....you just have to be there.

    Sophie....I thought YOU were mt best friend! lol

    Stew.....good that you like you! Gotta start somewhere!

    Elvira....let's put it this way....your English is WAYYYY better than my non-existent Italian!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To get to know yourself and to learn to love yourself will give you peace. And I think it will also remove fear from your heart and soul. And the pictures are beyond special, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inger....I agree. One gets very peaceful when one learns to love yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim
    design a calendar and illistrate it with your photos
    sell it for charity
    you'd amke a load!!!
    just a thought
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. John....thanks so much. That is an excellent idea and I will give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post - and the photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I second the calander idea, full of beautiful photos and inspiring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - amazing pictures!!

    Hope you're having a fun day,


    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - these photos are just amazing! New macro lens?

    And the words - so inspiring and comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails