Today we went to a friend's summer home. It just so happens that her dog, Clancy, is my dog, Sophie's boy friend. They love each other.....have since day one! He is 10 years old and she is 3. Guess she prefers older men!
It was a great day to spend near a lake and Sophie took complete advantage of the water. She was in and out all day. Even Clancy put his feet in the water...... he normally hates it.
We also discovered a couple of 'wild' flower/plants.......Trillium and Lady Slippers. They were growing all through the wooded areas on the property.
We would love to have these in our garden but to reproduce their natural habitat is difficult. And besides it's not an environmentally sound thing to do because they becoming quite scarce. And I think it is against the law here. But it was so great to see them scattered everywhere. Enjoy.
Discovery # 2..........
Sharon from http://Life With Jack n Jill.blogspot.com sent me an award.....for what I am not quite sure.......but I will comply and take it. Thanks Sharon, I love awards!
One of the conditions of this award is to let everyone know a little more about me....that's OK. Here goes:
Ten things you probably don't know about me:
1. I am the oldest son in a family of 9 children.
2. I had a NATURAL Afro in my teens and early 20's.
3. I swam across Canada and the US.....from swimming pool to swimming pool!
4. I have been told that I am too serious for my own good.
5. I love to dance.
6. I would love to sing in a choir or large singing ensemble.
7. I got married just over a year ago.
8. I love reading about history and seeing how things have brought us to this point in time.
9. I love being with friends.
10. I enjoy genealogy and have found lots of 'cousins' all over North America.
Five things I do not like:
1. Mean-spirited people.
3. Animal cruelty.
See, I guess I am kinda serious....oh well, that's me!