Monday, February 9, 2015

Contemplative Monday



The following quote is from 'The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh' (click)
published by 'Shambhala Pocket Series'.

RIGHT PATH


"In Buddhism, we have the practice of apranihita, aimlessness.


If you put an aim in front of you, you'll be running all your life, 
and happiness will never be possible.


Happiness is possible only when you stop running and cherish the present moment
and who you are.


You don't need to be someone else; you're already a wonder of life."



4 comments:

  1. I needed this Jim, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Thich Nhat Hanh, Jim! He says things that really resonate with me! I love the view from your shop in MacDonald House. The ocean and sky have so many moods. I enjoyed your song choice yesterday as well. "Je ne regrette rein" ~ That's the way to live! I think the worst regret would be to realize one day that you never took risks and lived your life as fully as possible. Big changes coming my way. Terry is retiring in eleven days! You go through life looking forward to it and wondering what it will be like, and suddenly Bam! Here it is. It's going to be fascinating to see how Terry reacts. Starting off with a trip to Hawaii is a good choice I think! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The present moment is all we really have so let's enjoy it as it will never come again ...
    I try to always cherish each moment as it unfolds and make the most of 'who I am'

    Great photos, Jim ...I so love the ocean and miss it ...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails