Monday, December 5, 2011

Contemplative Monday


"Finding the courage to go the places that scare us cannot happen without compassionate inquiry into the ego.



"The Buddha taught that flexibility and openness bring strength and that running from groundlessness weakens us and brings pain.



"But do we understand that  becoming familiar with the running away is the key?


   
"Openness doesn't come from resisting our fears but from getting to know them well."



The above quote is by Pema Chodron from her 'Weekly Heart' advice. 









5 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflections, written and photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such profound words.. Lovely shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey - this is how clever your photos are - when I first looked at them, it appeared to be a snow scene. I had to really look at them to realise they were reflections in water. You talented thing, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i feel down, and plain old blah... i enjoy coming to your and ron's blogs because your pictures bring me peace, gratitude, and many times hope for a better future. merci, mon ami. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years ago, when I was trying to figure out how to navigate the world of chronic pain, I read approximately a million books about Buddhism and began my own "practice". It has changed me in very fundamental ways. I love your "contemplative Monday". Another important lesson today.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails