Monday, December 12, 2011

Contemplative Monday



"Rather than going after our walls and barriers with a sledgehammer, we pay attention to them.




"With gentleness and honesty, we move closer to those walls.




"We touch them and smell them and get to know them well.




"We begin a process of acknowledging our aversions and our cravings.




"We become familiar with the strategies and beliefs we use to build the walls:




"What are the stories I tell myself?




"What repels me and what attracts me?




"We start to get curious about what's going on."




The above taken from: Heart Advice----Weekly quotes from Pema Chodron.


    Full moon in November 2011









13 comments:

  1. An appropriate post, especially for this time of year, Jim. Seems our walls get thicker and higher during the holiday season. Rather ironic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime that I read your Contemplative Monday posts, I feel even dumber than I actually am. That's not why you do these, is it?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post, its seems perfect for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No!!

    It's a full moon!!!!

    Hooowwwwwlllll!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images and words, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had that same moon here last night, with the clouds it looked like these pictures you took last month! I nearly jumped (right, ha ha) up to get the camera, when I realized how unchanging it is and given any luck at all, it will be there next month, when my leg is (hopefully) healed.

    Great shots! You are one heck of a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark....yes that is exactly why I do this!! lol

    Chris....OK, settle down, everything will be fine.

    Nancy...good point. Funny how that can happen.

    Texan....especially for today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon....thanks!Glad you didn't jump up! Hold off till next month.....please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely words, but it's your photos that blow me away!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails