Saturday, March 6, 2010

Next.......

Don't you love the feeling of completing something and moving on to the next project/thing. It's like you get this sense of accomplishment and eagerness to move on.

I just completed a knitting project I had been working on for about a year and a half. It's a very large blanket made of 100% wool. Now what makes this a little different is that it's made from pre-used sweaters. It took 12 to complete. Each sweater was unraveled and made (knitted) into a two foot square. I tried to keep with light colours.....beiges, off-whites, pale yellow. It's big and heavy but would be good for a bed during the cold months of winter. We'll see.

Now to something a little smaller.......maybe cabled scarves. I won't have to wait so long for the final product.

I have been knitting for years, on and off. My grandmother taught me when I was about 10 years old. I would watch both she and my mother knit their heads off ! They both knitted in the same manner....same technique. And thus, so do I. It is a very efficient way to knit....using all fingers that are available. I've noticed other techniques used by people but mine seems the best for me.

Knitting is very relaxing. Probably why a lot of doctors knit. Take a look on the web and see all the knitting blogs out there.

The sun has been shining all day here. It's been about a week with overcast skies. Almost good enough to work in the garden. OK, I am pushing it a little. But in a couple of weeks........


Related Posts with Thumbnails