Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday Morning Post


First week in December....


This is just outside my shop. Amy, of Fancy Lucky Vintage fame, 
from whom I lease my shop space,
 combined my stuff with hers in the hallway between the shops.


This is a photo I have in the shop by W.R.Macaskill. 
It is of Grand-Pre, Nova Scotia which is a World Heritage UNESCO Site
and a National Historic Park as well.
This is the location where the British deported the Acadians in 1758,(click)
5000 to 7000 of them, to other locations along the eastern seaboard
of North America. Most ended up in Louisiana.


Very festive at the upstairs shops at MacDonald House.


DUNE MAN!


DUNE MAN GO OTHER WAY!


Giddy-up!


Sophie with her 'masseuse', Laurie.


'Crossing the line'


Sophie's 'buds' saying good-bye yesterday at doggie-day-care.


Sedum behind a fence.


Bird Village at Country Critter Sitters...Sophie's day-care.


Our favourite trail down at the beach.


Full moon at dusk yesterday.


And in the opposite direct (west) the sunset.


The 'balancing act'.........







12 comments:

  1. Everything at MacDonald House is so attractively displayed! It would be a pleasure to browse and shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop is looking very festive! I love the photos of the dogs saying goodbye, you can almost see them saying 'woof-bye sophie, woof you soon for a smell of the bum and a game of ball'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely goodies at McD's House, the Church is beautiful, and how come the moon is on the power pole? Have you taken lessons from our own NZ Mark Gee, night photographer extraordinaire??Please Google his name to see what he does. Superb series. Hope the rest of your weekend is fine. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a full week! I didn't catch the moon, due to rain. Sophie has some good looking friends.
    I must say - that birdhouse tree is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the collections in the first photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoyed visiting your shop and Amy's last summer. I wish I could go there right now! I didn't know that Grand Pre was a UNESCO World Heritage Site ~ but how appropriate! It's funny, I grew up in Nova Scotia, and I didn't get it's amazing heritage, because it was just my environment, the normal background to my life. Now I get it!!!!!! Loved this set of photos. SD leaving doggie day care was so darn cute, all her buddies with her at the gate! Ron looks uncharacteristically formidable in the Dune Man shots! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Saturday collection of photos. I love the driftwood tentacles of Bird Village.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots, Jim! And you spotted Dune Man. And here I thought he was a myth :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have to drop by (even late) to see the Saturday photos. They're always so creative, Jim - a journal of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Dune Man, either direction :) The shop looks so inviting. What a wonderful job you have done with it! Sophie's buddies seem to say, "Wait a minute. Come back here!" All wonderful photos, Jim. "Balancing Act" is especially fun. As I scrolled through the post, I enjoyed listening to "Your Song" and thought to myself, this is so "Jim" which I guess says something about how you have shared your life and loves with all of us so generously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed your blog so much Jim, I never want to stop visiting....stupid malware no worries i didn't get it from blogger, stupid store I bought something from it's just i don't which one

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails