Monday, December 8, 2014

Contemplative Monday



The following quote is from 'The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh'
and published by Shambhala Pocket Classics.

WALK LIKE A BUDDHA


"Walking is an important form of Buddhist meditation. 
It can be a very deep spiritual practice.


But when the Buddha walked he walked without effort. He just enjoyed walking.
He didn't have to strain, because when you walk in mindfulness,
you are in touch with all the wonders of life within you and around you.


This is the best way to practice, with the appearance of non-practice.
You don't make any effort, you don't struggle, you just enjoy the walking, but it's very deep.


"My practice," the Buddha said, "is the practice of non-practice,
the attainment of non-attainment."  "



10 comments:

  1. This Thich Nhat Hanh really resonates with me. There is little I enjoy more than a walk in nature! I'm betting that Budda didn't walk with a camera attached to his hand. Your photos are lovely! Have a great week, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with me too, Louise. He 'taught' me how to walk in the present and focusing on just what walking entails. Very simple actually but at first it's controlling that mind of mine!! lol

      Delete
  2. Wish I could...
    A pretty place to rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well , Sharon, if you get that motorized chair/buggy, you will be able to get out there and enjoy.
      I played in this area when I was a kid....what a playground to literally have at my doorstep!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Mr.Gray sir! Always good to see you. When we can see that sky, we are all over it!!

      Delete
  4. I'll try to emulate the Buddha when Franklin and I walk. It's already enjoyable because Franklin is my best buddy. I hope you three amigos will stop by my blog to sign up for The Favorite Christmas Memories Bloghop that Cherdo and I are hosting.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How magnificent Jim I love this so much, i can mind walking in my apt too :), well I do what I can with what I have lol I also enjoyed the way you processed the photos, it looks meditative... is that even a word lol thank you Jim, always

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails