Monday, January 14, 2013

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is taken from: 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron'.

THE BEGINNING OF GROWING UP


"Opening to the world begins to benefit ourselves and others simultaneously.


The more we relate with others, the more we discover where we're blocked.


Seeing this is helpful, but it's also painful.


Sometimes we use it as ammunition against ourselves: we aren't kind, we aren't honest,


we aren't brave and we might as well give up right now. But when we apply the instruction


to be soft and non-judgmental to whatever we see at this very moment,


the embarrassing reflection in the mirror becomes our friend.


We soften further and lighten up more because we know it's the only way we can continue


to work with others and be of any benefit in the world.


This is the beginning of growing up."





21 comments:

  1. Great sentiments - couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning/afternoon Clive and the gang! Great to see you!

      Delete
  2. Good thoughts to meditate on! Have a great day, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a non-functioning morning...

    Good morning, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are somebody else I know! Must be the weather?! Take care Sharon.

      Delete
  4. Excellent wisdom here. I know at least a few people that could benefit from knowing this.
    As for those photos, they look as though they could have been taken right here in my back yard. Are you stalking me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would find out sooner or later, Stew!! lol I tried to be quiet.

      Delete
  5. An inspirational lesson accompanied by beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such true words that really resonate with me. And lovely pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the words did perk me up this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, you are a pro at opening up to the world! Glad this gave you a lift!

      Delete
  8. A great lesson to learn and try and teach! Loving the photos, especially through the branches (as I like to feel the land is near!).
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivan. Yes, this is another good lesson from Pema Chodron. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I'm loving the blues in the sky and water - and the important words. Sometimes being non-judgmental is hard. Lots of times when I'm judgmental, life just loves to show me how wrong my judgement was! Have a good day, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is hard to not judge sometimes Louise. It can be so automatic for us to do so.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I love how you found the pictures to illustrate your, or I should say the words of Pema Chodron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger. Most of the photos I use for Pema Chodron's quotes seem to work without too much effort.

      Delete
  11. Like Ivan, I love the view through the branches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like these ones.....gives one some 'ground' from which to view.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails