Saturday, March 31, 2012

Retro Saturday

                
 Today I'd like to introduce to you the artistry of Cheticamp Rug Hooking.

Pretty well every house in Nova Scotia had at least one coaster or trivet from these talented people.


They have been in business for a very long time and the 'art' is passed from one generation to another.


To learn more about them, click on this link or the one above.

And since I have your attention, just to let you know that a 'sample' of their work is included in the 'giveaway' I am having right now.

Just click on the link in the upper left corner of this post under the header to see what it's all about.







12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I think I'm going to order one of their kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, that's great! Now you have me thinking......my grandmother taught me how to 'hook' when I was a kid and wouldn't it be nice to revisit this.
      Good luck with this.

      Delete
  2. I started hooking a rug, was about half way, actually when I got off one line... the rest is history, same as the rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are more of a 'free spirit' Sharon, don't you think? Hooking, too tame for you!

      Delete
  3. I've done a little hookin' in my day...! It's been a long time now, going to check out that link and see about starting up again. It's such a relaxing pastime don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Jojo, you wouldn't be tellin stories outside of school, would you? lol It is a VERY relaxing pastime and you may really enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I started a hooked rug in 2009...remember! Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's time to dig that thing out again, wouldn't you?

      Delete
  5. I like textiles too. I've never hooked, but I think I might like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, this is it! For those long, cold winter days and nights out there in the mountains. Yes, I think you would like this.

      Delete
  6. Wow - they're so pretty!! I know my Mum wouldn't have the patience (or I eyesight) to do anything like that :)

    Have a fun weekend,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by Snoopy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails