Friday, March 16, 2012

Reconnecting


What better way to reconnect with a friend than over dessert!


Marilyn and I went to the same high school. She was 'famous' back then (and still is!) because of her dancing talents on a national TV program, Don Messer's Jubilee.

          Ron with Marilyn.
Ron and I met up with her in the early 90's as dancers in the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo. And Ron continued to see Marilyn regularly where he worked at the university up to five years ago.


As you can see in these pictures Marilyn has an infectious energy that envelops you.


We spent two hours catching up and in the process we realized we had more than a few connections in common.

        Marilyn avec moi.
You have all heard of the 'six degrees of separation' phenomenon, right?
  

Well, we were finding so much 'in common' that we realized the truth of that adage here in Nova Scotia.....


where we say: 'two degrees of separation' because of our small population!


We laughed, we even cried at one point,  because Ron and I hadn't heard about the death of someone we had known.


So in two hours or so over dessert and coffee we managed to 'catch up' with each other.


And agreed to not let five years go by before we do this again!




32 comments:

  1. how quaint and cozy these photos are! i;m sorry you had sad news, but I am SO glad you were able to visit and catch up or as I say ketchup.

    pass the mustard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget the relish Chris!! lol

      Delete
  2. She smiles like she means it and while it is contagious it also speaks volumes! Your pictures show a wonderful time and lasting memories. and that dessert....what a great place to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it was/is a great place to catch up and eat!! Marilyn is a genuine as they come.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am sure you know what it is like being around someone who brings this out in you......the photos reflect this. Have a great day Mitch!

      Delete
  4. I'd have a big smile on my face too, if someone were to get me one of those deserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful.
    Keep snapping photos of your Friends. I like that!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wouldn't take very long Mark! I'll have to spread out those posts!

      Delete
  6. I love these photos! They are so warm, and you all have smiling eyes, which shows how happy you were to spend time together. It's always nice to get together with old friends, good friends...especially when dessert is part of the equation ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how desserts can bring on the smiles!! lol

      Delete
  7. I'm sure I must have seen Marilyn dance many times on Don Messer's Jubilee because my family and I never missed an episode! What a great Canadian cultural icon that program was. Marilyn looks like a delightful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you did Debra! And yes, she is a delightful woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always good to catch up with good friends!

    Why tease me with those sweets? Now I have to go and find an equivalent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon, I am SURE you could whip up somethign pretty close!

      Delete
  10. Ooooh, you're making me hungry, though I can't imagine Mum letting me eat something that yummy!! I bet she'd eat it though…... Doh!! :)

    Having fun with friends is the best!! :)

    Wags to all,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right SNoopy! Sweets are a no-no for dogs! Most of the time anyway!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful happy photos! Cake and smiles all around - what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake and smiles! That will be my new 'mantra'! Thanks Pat.

      Delete
  12. It's so good to visit with friends and time goes by so fast, we have to pay attention. Thanks for stopping by and cheering me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Inger!
      Yes it is good to spend time with friends.

      Delete
  13. Nice to see such happy smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to smile....a lot!!

      Delete
  14. Makes me want to reconnect with old friends. With cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Terry, the cake helps it along!

      Delete
  15. I don't know what's more beautiful - your friend or those desserts! Well, ok, your friend wins that one hands down, but man, I would love a bite of each of those. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reconnecting with old friends!

    She really looks as if she is exuberant and full of wonderful energy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks like a great person to have cake with!
    Friends are so precious and it is always special to spend time with them.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails