Monday, March 12, 2012

Contemplative Monday


Maybe I could change Monday's post title to 'Pema's Monday'!  lol


FEARLESSNESS AND PATIENCE


"Fearlessness is another ingredient of patience.


If you want to practice patience that leads to cessation of suffering,


to the de-escalation of aggression,


it means cultivating a fearlessness that is both compassionate and brave.


Because at this point you are getting to know anger


and how it easily breeds violent words and actions,


and this can be decidedly unnerving."

Photos taken at the canal in the Gaspereau Valley on Saturday.

The above quote taken from Heart Advice,Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron.



10 comments:

  1. Jag älskar denna bildserie!
    I love this series of pictures!

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of thinking going on regarding anger management Jim. Very welcome here I can tell you, and strangely prescient. Fearlessness and patience...

    ...and I thought it was going to be a post on shark fishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always hope, Chris! Now that would have been a sight!! lol
      If you haven't noticed I really appreciate what Pema has to say about handling life. Her books (very short I may add) have helped me through a few difficult times.

      Delete
  3. I think this Pema chick just makes this stuff up to make me look stupid. And I don't need any help from her!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you are getting it! She does 'make this stuff up' just for you, Mark!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. That stick wasn't part of the 'plan' but along it came and there you have it!

      Delete
  5. Dear Jim,
    Thank you for sharing these photographs of the elusiveness of moving water. And also thank you for the line from Pema Chodron. The two--photographs and line work well together. A meditation for today.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee and glad you liked what Pema Chodron had to say.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails