Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday's Tale

Here we are in August. I like turning the page on the calendar month after month. It's like getting a fresh start on things.


Not that I am wanting life to go by more quickly, it's more like each new month presents itself with new ideas and other things to consider.




For example, this month we are going away for a real vacation. I know, I hear some of you now....what do you mean vacation! Look what you guys do every day....it looks like a vacation to me!




Well, in one way you are right. As we were reminded this past week by our friend Anne, we do live a somewhat 'ideal' life from a certain perspective I guess. But we are where we are due to circumstances beyond our control.....mainly due to 'health' issues back in 2008.




So we were forced into this 'retirement'. We had planned to both work until we were 65. But life got in the way and here we are planning our first 'away' vacation since 2006.




We are going to Cape Cod on August 14th and plan to be away for about two weeks. We are both pretty excited and looking forward to exploring the Cape.......not to mention the coast of Maine on the way back home.




We were never ones that planned things well ahead of time. We learned the hard way a few times.....we just would change our minds too often. But we' lucked in' and got accommodations at a B&B in Provincetown for the entire time.




We have been to P'town a few times before and have totally enjoyed the laid-back nature of the place. We will be able to relax, be ourselves and do whatever we want, when we want. 




We had thought to bring Sophie along but we very quickly looked at each other and said, Day Care! Luckily Cathy and Mary at Country Critter Sitters, just about 10 minutes from here along the eastern shore, had space for her. Whew!




So it will be 'vacation time' for us real soon and we are finally ready to take one! Click on this link to get us goin' and stay in the mood!









17 comments:

  1. You have to take some time for yourselves every once in a while. And poor Sophie most likely needs a break from you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a brilliant time just pleasing yourselves-Don`t worry about Sophie either she bound to have lots of other doggy cousins to play with at the day care centre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect vacation! I really mean it, have never been on one that was relaxing, it's always been hurry and look and hurry some more. You're going to have my ideal vacation, so you better have a great time! Sophie will be delighted as well, with all the friends she can play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time! Can't even think the last time we actually went on a vacation. We talk about it sometimes, but the follow through is a bit weak lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful golden photos of The Girl! We all need time away from our routines, no matter what they are. P'town sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacations are nice. Except when you are taking them with four kids.
    I can't wait to see your photos. m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you need a vacation from your vacation Jim?

    It's a hard life...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jim,so happy and excited for you! My biggest worry is what to do with Minki...we will always go somewhere she can go with,don;t have any trustworthy places to leave her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sophie will have a good time at day care, but, I bet she will miss you. Your words convey how eager you are for this vacation to come, and I am so excited for you. Cape Cod -- what a wonderful, magical place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Maine ... what a great time you will have eploring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. man oh man...V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N....come on...that sounds like another song from the '60's!!whoop whoop! Hey Sophie...what's going on "you 2 timer blog stealer"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your vacation! I have fond memories of P'town. My husband and I had our first "date" 25 years ago - we rode our bikes from Cambridge to P'Town and spent the weekend. What fun!

    I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had friends that returned from Cape Cod, and her pictures were amazing, and I can't wait to see yours that I know will be breathtaking!

    I hope you'll take a minute to stop by my blog--The Fairy Hobmother is going to grant a wish to someone who leaves a comment for 'something tangible' on the post. Surely there is something you'd like for vacation or Sophie? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Vacation all I ever wanted..." love that song.

    Well enjoy your stay in Massachusetts. Swing by Salem on your way back! Stop by and see me!

    P'town is great this time of year as is the Maine coast. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful girl Sophie is! Enjoy your vacation - she'll be happy to see you return!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you a wonderful getaway! I wonder if you will catch a glimpse of Mary Oliver on the Cape. She is one of my favorite poets. Bon voyage to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails