Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weaseling Out on Wednesday.......Kinda



I was nominated for an award last week by Chris over at Grow Fish Eat. Thanks for this Chris. Check him out if you haven't already....he has a wicked sense of humour and a vast thirst for life. Plus he is very handy to have around!




I used to be  of two minds about awards. First, I didn't see the purpose for them. I thought that they were just a gimmick to get people to read and follow you (which of course is true but that's OK) and if they saw that you had tons of awards then you must be good at this blogging thing (which is sometimes true too!).




I have recently begun to see that it is also a great opportunity to also get to know the blogger a little better and also get to meet the blogs that they like and recommend.




I do respect the fact that some people have 'award free' blogs and that is their choice.




So I humbly accept this Versatile Blogger award and now have, or choose to  share a few things about myself. Honestly this IS the hardest part for me. I am never comfortable about revealing things about myself.....and all that therapy too! lol






This is what the award looks like and I am sure you have seen it around.


Now to the task of unmasking a few layers: 


1. I've always hated eggs. They made me sick (literally) since I was a baby. Last year I went to a NAET (Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique) practitioner and she cleared me . I have had an egg every morning since.






2. I am one of nine kids and wouldn't have had it any other way.




3. Tried out for 'little league' baseball when I was around 11 years old....never made it! And I loved baseball! Still do.




4. The best teachers I had were nuns with the exception of Miss Burke my grade 6 teacher.




5. The worst teachers I had were just plain old miserable people some of which were nuns as well.




6. The kindest person I have ever known was my mother.




7. The most difficult person I have known was my mother. I loved her dearly but that's just how it was.




There! That's done.




It is now my task to nominate others for this award. This is the part that makes my crazy! As I follow and enjoy a lot of blogs. But the ones that immediately come to mind are: ALL OF THEM! I follow all my followers and recommend you take a look and pick a few that look appealing to you. Each are interesting in their own right.





So Chris, there you have it. I do appreciate that you took the time to include me in your award.







Related Posts with Thumbnails