Wednesday, April 27, 2016

.........The Queen


Queen Elizabeth II turned 90 just recently.
We watched a very good documentary last night on CBC TV
about her life from the beginning to now.
I recommend it if you haven't seen it
and if you like this sort of thing.

I feel I grew up with her two oldest kids, Prince Charles and Princess Anne.
We are the same age, Charles and I, and I felt 'connected' in a way....
even though our lives couldn't have been more different.

I think the Queen is an incredible human being.......continuing to
engage herself with the duties she has had for so many years.

Yes she has 'help' and money to do all these things very efficiently,
but think about it, her schedule is something that would make 
anybody spin in their tracks.

A few people like to 'bash' the Royal Family,
I am not one of them.


I have this framed print at the shop when the Queen was very young.





14 comments:

  1. A life of huge sacrifice, no personal life or time, and she has been true to her words at her coronation. Love that photo. Charles and you, wow, so different, and you look years younger, and check out your ears, nothing similar there either!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!
      You're so kind, Jean!!
      I am sure she adjusted to the 'benefits' of her role and am also certain she is pleased at her decision to do so.

      Delete
  2. i really like and admire the queen too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people around the world feel the same, Joyce.

      Delete
  3. You can't be the Queen's #1 Fan, because My Rare One is. We've got that CBC special taped for future viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then that makes the two of us!
      I think you will both appreciate the 'personal' look at her daily routine. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. I have a whole new respect for her Majesty after watching the documentary she has lived up to her promise. Lovely Photo in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Margo. It was a very well-done documentary.
      And I like that photo of her in the shop.

      Delete
  5. I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for this woman. She is definitely a class act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I, Martha. She may not have pleased all her family perfectly but she did what she could with what she had. Just like any parent, I guess.

      Delete
  6. Queen Elizabeth II is the soul of devotion to duty. How awful for her when her mother and sister died, but she has carried on beautifully.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janie. She sure is devoted to her position and I respect that too.

      Delete
  7. What a pretty picture of the Queen! Hope you all are enjoying your spring, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbi, I was just thinking about you and here you are!!
      We are enjoying spring through a bit of hail/snow today but that won't last.
      Hope all is well with you and yours.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails