Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Higher Learning


Yesterday, after our park walk, we headed to the 'new' library in Halifax.
We had a book to return and as well wanted to just embrace the ambiance. 




I dropped Ron off in front and hoped to find a parking spot.
And after a few loops around the block, got one down the street from the Library.


One has a choice in this magnificent building.....
take the stairs or the elevator.
I chose the stairs.


So up the five flights I went....taking a few photos along the way.


On the top floor I looked out onto the city from all sides.
The above shot shows a corner lot that was just demolished
and getting ready for condo development.
In the late 60's and early 70's a friend of mine
 lived at this location on the top floor......lots of memories in that ruble heap.


From another window I checked on our car (and Sophie).
It is the third up on the right by the beige house.
All looked fine.....


Going down to the fourth floor....look who I found across from the stairs.
Ron was busy looking through a book for a particular sweater design 
he has been looking for.

17 comments:

  1. What a magnificent library you have, Jim! When I saw that first photo I though I was looking at an Escher! Love those editing effects you're using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Louise, if we do hook up this summer, maybe we could drop in for a few minutes.....just for the view.
      I use Picasa and their HDR and posterizing effects on some photos.

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy going to our new library and scanning the stacks. I'd rather do this than pretty much anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they would have to kick me out! I would be living there!

      Delete
  3. I love your library! It's the nicest I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very proud of it, Debra. A real coup for Halifax.

      Delete
  4. Omgoodness...now that's a library! Thank you for sharing! It is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, it is just how it looks.....amazing!!
      And of course, quiet.

      Delete
  5. THis is a book lover's dream place.If I lived nearby. a visit every week would be on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many nooks and crannies,Jean. Wish we lived closer as well. We'll just have to make sure that we go regularly and put Sophie in daycare for the day.

      Delete
  6. what a beautiful place and beautiful photos and beautiful ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite a building, Joyce.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful library. Very interesting architecture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stands out in the downtown area of the city, Martha.....very futuristic amongst the older architecture.

      Delete
  8. I fell in love with your library the first time you posted photos way back, todays photos are so unusual because of the colours almost like an other time especially the second last one which reminds me of an old postcard. Ron looks so at easy what a wonderful
    gallery like place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very bright and cherry, Margo, a perfect place to relax and read, or just stare/look out the windows into the Atlantic or the city.

      Delete
  9. I love seeing photos (especially YOUR photos) of the Halifax Library. What an incredible space (and views) inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails