Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Forcing Spring In Nova Scotia


Last week I pruned the cherry tree.


It is not the ideal time to prune because you end up cutting off a lot of the blossom buds.


The tree is about 20 years old now and was getting too big for where it is.


Plus, I find this is a good time to prune as you can 'see' the structure of the tree.


I want it to be a reachable height and have kept it such.


I took a lot off of it and ended up with a bunch of branches of varying lengths


with lots of blossom buds on them.


I trimmed them down into manageable lengths and brought them inside to bloom. They have already doubled in size.


Ordinarily they don't bloom till sometime in May. We should have a room full of the scent of cherry blossoms  in about a week or two. 



Oh yes, check out the 'GIVEAWAY' I am having at the top left just below the 'header'!
Related Posts with Thumbnails