Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dancing All Over The Place




At the mouth of Halifax Harbour there are two ways one could go:


into Halifax through the harbour


or in a northwest direction and into the Northwest Arm.


The park we frequent in Halifax is surrounded on three sides by these two bodies of water.


These little sailboats on the Northwest Arm reminded me of tropical fish dancing around


in the spring air on the weekend.


There was quite a breeze and these little fellas were jostling around all over the place.









12 comments:

  1. They're so cute! They look like toy boats too.
    m.
    p.s. I like how you cropped the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! I had some fun with these.Yes they do look like toy boats. Ron suggested I turn this series into a Picasa 'movie'....I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I am going to try out my daughter's "fancy" camera. Hope I don't drop it... and I agree that they look like toy boats. How fun would that be to sail.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my fear at first Connie....dropping the camera! Make sure the strap is ALWAYS around your neck. That should do it and have some fun!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I love to watch sailboats on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was my thought too - toy boats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are all young kids learning the 'ropes' of sailing first on a small craft then to bigger ones. Much like learning to ride a horse, I suspect.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful view. It must feel very calming to sit and watch all the jostling little boats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was almost surreal....watching these in the glittering waters of the Arm.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails