Saturday, January 28, 2017

Saturday Morning Post


Out n' about  and a busy January in Nova Scotia......


So mild this month that it was not uncommon to see fog come and go.


My 'winter project' this year........a knitted bed spread made of different patterned squares...
I have 400 more to go!! 


At a trail at the park with Sophie.....


Remains of a British fortress in the park.....see, no snow yet this year.


Walking through the heather field at the park on Thursday....


The fog moving in on Wednesday at dusk.....


The entrance to Halifax Harbour.....


Got these 'Asian Peg Dolls' at an auction this week.....


This is one big crane and one of three that moves quite freely
back and forth along this pier......albeit slowly.


These cats looking for a 'forever home' at the shop......


I just acquired this original painting of 'harness racing'.......
love the movement and the colours.
It's called 'Horses of a Different Color'.


OK! I am a 'tree hugger!!


Keeping watch over MacDonald House....at the shop.


This is Steve. Steve is a dog walker in the city and we often meet up with him
and his dogs.....up to 10 at a time.
He is incredible with them. 
They are all off lead and all get along.....or else they will hear from his firm
deep voice.
Sophie respects him. 
She goes up to him when he calls her name and he pats her.
Then she waits for him to throw the ball
and usually gets it first!!
That is important in the dog world, you know! lol


20 comments:

  1. Blanket squares, that will be a lot of sewing or will you crochet them together. A super project. Those cats, I can see them down here sitting happily on my sewing desk!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron says I will crochet them together.....he knows better than I, Jean. It will be a lot of sewing but I find it very calming in a way to do this.
      Those cats are the cutest, eh?

      Delete
  2. Stunning photos. 400 to go??? Oh, wait, it's been hours since you posted this, you must be done by now. I would buy all those cats. And I don't NEED all those cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You are a funny man, Mitchell!!
      I don't think these cats could adjust to your weather there on the Mediterranean!!

      Delete
  3. My Boy you are a busy lad! I attest to all the above-ness in pics and thoughts. Jim loves his world and I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As are you, RDT!
      Our world(s) are pretty interesting at times, eh?

      Delete
  4. what a cool knitting project! please show it when you finish it. you are having the same winter as we are. no snow this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Joyce.
      I don't know if we should celebrate no snow or not? You know what happens when we do that!!

      Delete
  5. We've been getting a lot of fog here in Edmonton too. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an odd winter for sure, Debra!

      Delete
  6. That bed spread is going to look amazing when it's done. Please share a photo of it when the time comes. I'd love to see it.

    Steve is a dog whisperer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that, Martha.....stay tuned!!
      Steve IS a dog whisperer for sure...they respect him totally.

      Delete
  7. wow that must be really unusual for your area to have no snow-we are having a much milder winter here too I love scrappy bed spreads-yours will be cozy and warm too-Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy......good to see you!
      I think everyone is saying the same thing re the weather this winter.
      I hope this patch quilt/bed spread will work out OK.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post today had to laugh only 400 to go, the bed spread is going to be fabulous when its finished.
    What strange weather winter wise, this year here as well a bit of snow and lots of rain.
    Have a good weekend and week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be colourful for sure, Margo!!
      I guess we really don't get a lot of snow till February and March around here.....so we will see.
      Have a good week as well!

      Delete
  9. You had better hope for a long winter! I counted about 60 squares there......so a long way to go yet! I don't envy you the sewing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more in a basket, Frances, so I figure 500 will do it.
      You are correct....it may take me into the summer to complete this.
      I don't want a long winter!!

      Delete
  10. I always enjoy your Saturday Morning Posts, Jim. You never disappoint with your inspiring photos. OMG, that knitted bed spread! Wishing you lots of luck with it. I would get into all kinds of trouble. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise, you are so kind.
      LOL.....can you knit? If not maybe a few lessons this summer?

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails