Monday, July 4, 2016

Contemplative Monday



DROP THAT DIALOGUE

"We can become so caught in our own internal dialogue
that the people around us become invisible.

An important part of meditation practice, therefore,
is to non-aggressively drop that ongoing conversation
in our head, and joyfully come back to the present,
being present in the body, being present in the mind,
not envisioning the future or reliving the past but,
if only briefly, showing up for this very moment."

....Pema Chodron (click)  from 'Living Beautifully'



7 comments:

  1. Words to LIVE by! Thanks. I need to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes reminding is timely on this your special day ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMBO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in my head, so this is an important reminder to wake up and enjoy everything around me! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Thank you, Ronnie!). Love that photo of the trees! I'm intrigued though, because at first I thought they were two spruce trees, but I see branches of pine behind the spruce. So that second one must be a pine, and that left tree mush have some awfully big branches! I have to laugh at "Jimbo." Sometimes I have trouble finding "Ocean Breezes" in my blog scroll; then I realize I've been looking for it under "Jimbo," which of course, isn't there! LOL Have a wonderful day! Wishing you lots of health, happiness, fulfillment, and love in your coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Louise check out FB and our friendship video!! Winks!

      Delete
  4. This is good advice. Today is your Birthday! Happy, Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! : ) You make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! So good to see you!
      Thanks so much.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails