Monday, December 10, 2012

A Tribute To Blogger Friend, John Daley


It is Monday evening here in Nova Scotia and I have just heard (thanks to John Gray of 'Going Gently' in Wales) of the 'passing' of a blogger friend, John Daley who lived in Australia.

John Daley was a recently retired nurse who lived with his wife. They are grandparents and he often spoke about their visits and interactions with the family.

Here is John's profile from his blog 'Tok Tok Place' (click here if you wish to learn a bit about this wonderful man and his beautiful country of Australia):

Born and raised mostly in Sydney, moved to the ACT in 1973 and stayed there and raised a family until 1992. With an empty nest we fled to the Far South Coast of NSW where I worked for five years until I accepted an offer to return and work in the ACT. I bought a house near the ACT from where I commuted to Canberra for work and home to the Far South Coast on weekends. Eventually this took its toll on me and we sold our little home at 'the coast' and made our permanent home on the Tablelands I've since semi-retired and I like to occupy myself around the home and I like staying at our little rural retreat - The Camp, at Wyangala. My wife still works, tho looking forward to retirement

Last summer I had my first 'give-away' and John Daley won! He was so excited and told me that he never wins anything!! He said he found special places for each little item he won. As a gesture of thanks he sent me a a small book on the history of his town.

I noticed on his profile that John liked 'modern country music'. Well John, this is for you, it was great meeting you.




14 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wondeful tribute to him. How nice it is to become friends with people from all over the world.
    May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend Jim.
    He sounds like such a nice and thoughtful man.
    Bless his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and God comfort his family and friends. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this, Jim. This is a lovely tribute to him. My sincerest sympathy to his loved ones. May he rest in peace. It is incredible how we bond with fellow bloggers over time from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest in peace, John. Condolences to his wife, family and friends. The connections we make on the internet are virtual, but real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your blogger friend John. My heart goes out to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful song and a lovely tribute. I had not 'met' John yet but now will go over and learn all about the man he was. Thanks for keeping us updated. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sad, my thoughts are with his loved ones and friends...
    Best wishes, Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Jim
    Many will miss him
    Many will will hold him in fond memory
    I like to think he still walks around the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tribute to your blogger friend's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Through the internet, we have been blessed with more friends than we could ever have imagined. Allowing each of us to touch the lives of others around the globe. And through blogging, we can connect on so many levels.
    I personally, cherish each one of those connections as much as any neighbors here at home. We may have lost a blogging friend, but his blog entries will live on in us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know your blogger friend, John Daley, but woke up yesterday morning to this post, and for some reason, found myself going back through many of his older posts. So many dreams, many of them realized, but others left hanging. All I can do, apart from extending my deepest condolences to his family, is to remember to live every day as fully as he did. His story really touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was sorry to hear about your blogger friend, Jim. He sounded like a really nice person. My heart goes out to his family, especially his wife. You have to appreciate every day you are given. I am so thankful for all that I have. This post makes you remember how fragile life is, and how suddenly it can be gone.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails