Monday, September 5, 2011

Contemplative Monday



"Our Homo sapiens ancestors had to survive sabre-toothed tigers and mastodons the size of small houses. Their brains constantly scanned for what might be wrong, and now ours do too.




"But neuroscientists are discovering that a technique called 'mindfulness' can rewire our gloomy brains for less stress and more happiness."  by Leslie Timmins, MFA......September 2011 edition of Alive magazine.




Kind of makes sense when you think about it. It is good to know that the wiring of the brain can change with a little bit of work.





12 comments:

  1. Ugg, I need some of that today. My new computer upgrades are beginning to look like a nightmare. I'm at the "I want to throw something" stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few people that I would like to have their brains rewired,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim lovely to meet up with you. This is a return call. lLucky you to live on the Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia - I visited there three years ago - starting in Halifax and going along the Cabot trail and then across to Prince Edward Island - finally ending up around Chetticamp. It was one of the most memorable holidays of my life and I look back on it with such pleasure.
    Do call and see me again. I woukd certainly like to have parts of my brain rewired - marvellous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's time for some mindfulness here! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have the screwdriver next, Jim, when you're finished with it.

    What does the blue wire connect to again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. a major rewiring would be required here!! i'm still too well connected to my cromagnon side, the reptilian brain often prevailing...
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Love the quotes and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...I'll have to find out more about that technique. I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails