Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Laughing Out Loud




I am very selective about what I find funny.

Occasionally I will find/see/hear something that will really crack me up. That doesn't happen enough as far as I am concerned!

Humour is very subjective I have learned. Ron can be laughing at something and I will be looking at him and wondering what is wrong with him.

I remember seeing the stand-up comic, Maggie Cassella live and I thought I was going to die laughing! I found her hilarious. She was abrupt and held nothing back......and no one was sparred.

Yet I know people who wouldn't cross the street to see her. Thus is the nature of comedy. And that is what makes laughter so intriguing to me.

Yet, have you ever seen someone laughing with great gusto and find yourself smiling as well.....for the sheer 'enjoyment' you are witnessing?



Boy, I am really setting myself up for this one. Case in point.....Nikki Payne is from Nova Scotia, Lower Sackville to be precise. Over the past few years she has gained a following across North America. 


I find her very funny and maybe a few of you will also. Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. Yeah, she's great! I get a kick out of her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I was pleasantly S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's no Daniel Tosh but I guess she's alright.
    Enjoy your Tuesday.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh--there's finally something we don't agree on. I don't think she's funny (although her tornado observation was spot-on). Maybe if I didn't keep thinking, "I'll bet she doesn't talk like that in real life" I'd think so (?). But then again, I think The Onion is hilarious but when I read their articles to my husband, no reaction. It's all a matter of what manages to get thru to the funny bone, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She IS funny. And, I have a weird sense of humor and don't find all that many comedians all that amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smile a lot but, like you, I'm not one of those laugh-out-loud types. I am now hooked on Nikki Payne. SURPRISE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jim,I can laugh myself silly at little things,best of all at myself!!! I am going to watch the clip a bit later when all is quiet for the night as my internet connection is so slow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like laughing, but have found, of late, that it starts me coughing. So I smile more than laugh if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been told, and I agree that I have a really good sense of humor--I love all types of jokes and love to make people laugh, and laugh myself--this video did just that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was abso-bloody-lutely well funny! She's a raving loon bag!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails