Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday Morning Post



From Ducks to Sombreros........


Sophie making her way to the river.


Two, matching mid-20th century tables I bought this week.


Sir Robert Burns in Victoria Park in Halifax.


This retro chair was also purchased with those tables.


Main entrance to the Halifax Public Gardens.


 Got this Mexican Boy Scouts hat/sombrero at an estate sale this week.
The fellow having the sale told me he traded at an international Scouts Jamboree
in Ontario in the early 1950's.
It is in excellent condition.But doesn't fit my BIG head!!


At the river one morning in the fog.


'The ducks are on the pond'.
I had a high school vice principal who said this to us students
on a very regular basis.


Strolling along the river and beach.


 MacDonald House.....


Well hello there!


5 comments:

  1. My Rare One still uses two of those "mid-20th century" end tables in her living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then she has exquisite taste, Debra!!
      Does she want to sell them? lol

      Delete
  2. Great shots, Jim! I especially like the one of the Mexican Boy Scouts hat/sombrero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. Isn't that hat something else!? It is in excellent condition.

      Delete
  3. Great Saturday morning post, as always Jim! Those tables are so late fifties! I was looking at the sombrero and trying to make a clam on the beach out of it, not realizing it was the sombrero. Funny how my mind plays tricks on me ~ but then pattern making looking for sense is evolutionary. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! Happy week to you, Ron, and Ms SD!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails