Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday Morning Post


Out and about......


Taken from the shop....these surfers were checking out the conditions.


I 'found' this wonderful  'folding table and chair' set this week.
It was made in London, Ontario back in the '40's.
It is heading to the shop soon.


....down on the boardwalk....


We have a small Acadian community down the road from us.
There are about 34,000 Acadians in Nova Scotia.
That would be about 3.8 % of the population.
My great-great grandfather, Theodore Cuvelier,
was considered to be a 'late Acadian'.
He arrived after the deportation of the thousands of Acadians 
which started in 1755 and ended in 1763.


Must be SPRING! The cyclists have returned.


A green house.....


I love it when I don't drive!


Highway to nowhere?


We love 'our' trail down at the beach.
It is part of the 'Trans Canada Trail'
that stretches across our great country from coast to coast.


A 'nursing log' doing what it does best.


This is a chestnut bud just beginning to open....nature at it's best.


What a way to end the week!
This is one of a few of Egrets that are settling-in near the marsh
opposite the beach.
They are attracting a lot of attention.


9 comments:

  1. Everything looking good up your way. " Acadians " I had to look that up, a new term for me down here, it dates back a mighty long way. I should have guessed by the flag there. Hope you have a sunny weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is happening very slowly but surely, Jean.
    There are a lot of Acadians who live in the Louisiana area in the USA with exact surnames that are very familiar around here. Would love to visit this area some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always so many interesting sights to explore near you. That's the joy of photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Martha.
      I bet you are dying to get out and about your new neighbourhood.

      Delete
  4. "Late Acadian," eh? Never heard that term before! But I understand the concept due to some of my ancestors who were "Late Loyalists" in Upper Canada. A day late and a dollar short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me as well, Debra. A few years ago I called into the local CBC noon hour radio show and the topic was genealogy. I gave the guy my surname and he said that it was....'late Acadian'.

      Delete
  5. Your Saturday collection is always amazing, Jim! My absolute favorite is the chestnut bud ~ just exquisite! I did a double take on the last photos, because I thought it was a giant bird on the edge of the Colorado River looking toward the Mojave Desert and the Black Mountains. It's really funny how the brain tries to make meaning in a split second! I also really loved "Highway to Nowhere." Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Louise. I still like collecting them and putting here.
      It IS amazing how our brains work,eh?!

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos this week, still looking a bit chilly, I will keep my eye open for a great trail sign up this way Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails