Saturday, December 31, 2016

Saturday Morning Post


Christmas week......


My childhood neighbourhood playground in Halifax....


'From My Perch' at the shop.....these two couldn't wait to hit the surf this week!


Everyone was walking/hiking at the park this week.....


Christmas morning......no rush to get dinner prepared as we, for the first time,
had it prepared for us at a great caterer in Halifax......will do it again.


Actually, after picking up our Christmas dinner on the 24th we stopped in to see
my sister, Mary, and her boss, Tim at their shop in the city.


Sophie was very pleased with her gift from Santa....meet Buster everyone!


At the beach on Christmas Day....


Sophie always waiting for one of us....


What can I say?!


Having some editing fun....


Windy and cold at the beach on Christmas day....


Looks like I am standing in the water....but trust me, I am not.


In the beach/dune grass...


Sophie gets lost in this grass.....almost.


Yesterday was my sister, Mary's, birthday and a few of us met at 
a restaurant in Halifax to celebrate.....
left to right: Colin, Brynn (my sister's daughter), Mary, brother Dennis,
Mary's partner Michael, moi and Ron.

Hope you all have a New Year's Eve of your choosing!



12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIM!

    Fantastic week this holiday season! So grateful for all the kindness and good times from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Santa was good to all of you! Best wishes for a fabulous 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa is always good to us, Debra!!
      All the best in 2017 to you and The Rare One!!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you all, and Birthday Greetings Mary. What a great gathering, super beach scenes as always. Let 2017 be all you wish for, good health, happiness and much love. Sophie, same for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here's to a wonderful and fulfilling 2017 for you and Hugh, Jean! All the best to you!

      Delete
  4. happy new year to you two and sophie!!! love the pic of ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and yours as well, Joyce!
      Looking forward to learning and seeing more of your delicious recipes!!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours and thank you for a years worth of wonderful posts and photos of beautiful Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you like my 'story' through the photos I put up here, Margo. All the best to you and yours in 2017!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great time, Jim. I love the idea of catering. I bet it made things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a couple of family events that were fun and this was one of them.
      Yes, getting the meals catered was perfect for us! Not that we couldn't do it ourselves but it was a welcome good change, Martha.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails