Sunday, May 1, 2016

Eclectic Tastes


Back in the mid 70's I had a group of elementary school kids
in a rural community in Nova Scotia.
They ranged in age from 8 to about 12 years
and were cognitively/educationally challenged.

It was my first year teaching and probably my best/favourite one.
Part of what I had in my teaching arsenal was music.
I had a couple of albums by Sharon, Lois and Bram
and in that year we all memorized every cut on each!
We sang our lungs out and laughed a lot!!
I bet they still know the words.....I do!

7 comments:

  1. Music and singing are a great equaliser, and I can see you there encouraging and singing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play their cassette in my car hauling my granddaughter. We loved to sing along. Thanks for the mem o ry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...talk about a blast from the past...my kids past! Fun memory there! Thanks for this! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sing along music the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the kids, well former kids, think you every time they here one of their songs. I love it that you did that. Taught those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say: Think of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't EVERYONE know the words to that song? Even I do, and I never spent any time with kids! Sharon, Lois and Bram just insinuated themselves into every head in Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails