Saturday, August 12, 2017

Saturday Morning Post


Due to the death of my cousin, Cheryl, this past week
I will not be posting this weekend.
I do not have the energy required to do so.

Cheryl was what I have always called my/our 'double first cousin'.
My dad's brother married my mom's sister
and had Cheryl.
So we were very close not only genetically
but also in real life.
When her father left both she and her mother, my dad stepped in
to fill in the 'father figure' role.
He gave her away at her wedding and she attended every 
family function we ever had.
She was like my fifth sister.

She married and had two sons. She had four grandchildren.

Even typing this I can't believe she is gone.
She will be so missed by my whole family.

Funeral services will be this coming Wednesday.

Have a great weekend everyone.



17 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I also had a cousin named Cheryl (prounounced "Shirl" because I come from country folk) who passed away a few months ago. She and I were born in the same month, in the same year. She was blonde and very pretty and I am...well, NOT either one but she was always the sweetest thing to me. Seeing the comment above, I send you love also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay G. What a coincidence......a few in my family say 'Shirl' as well.
      Sorry for your loss as well. When we lose someone close the world becomes a little smaller.

      Delete
  2. My condolences, Jim. This must be so terribly difficult and painful for you and her family. Sending hugs and sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. She and Elaine's mom were very close....have been since childhood.
      This is a kicker for my family, for sure.

      Delete
  3. So sorry, Jim! what a heart-rending time for your family! Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, thanks. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's a difficult time for you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kirk, for your kind wishes.

      Delete
  6. My heat aches for you and your whole family love and best wishes during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, Jim. Sending hugs and all my sympathy during this painful and difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha, thank you. Cheryl was a sweetheart.....always was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so very sorry jim but it is really nice that you had a cousin you were so close to.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails